1. The LL.B., Degree in the Faculty of Law will be conferred on a candidate by the Osmania University who has pursued a regular course of study for three academic years (six semesters) or five academic years (Ten Semesters) as prescribed in the scheme of instruction by the Osmania University and passed in all Examinations.
2. A regular course of study for eligibility to appear at the LL.B., Examination of a Semester means putting an attendance of not less than 75% aggregate lectures, in subjects listed in the scheme of instruction. In special cases and for sufficient cause shown, the Vice-Chancellor, on the recommendation of the Principal, may condone the deficiency not exceeding 10% in attendance on medical grounds when the application submitted is supported by a certificate from an authorised Medical Officer, and approved by the Principal. The applicant has to pay the prescribed fee for condonation in attendance on medical ground.
3. In any Semester of the LL.B., Course, if any candidate fails to secure the minimum percentage of attendance, he shall not be e l i g i b l e t o a p p e a r t h e Examination of that Semester, and he has to enroll himself to undergo afresh a Regular Cour se of s tudy of the corresponding semester in a subsequent academic session, in order to become eligible to appear for the Examination.
4. Attendance of the candidate shall be reckoned from the date of commencement of instruction as specified by Almanac of the Osmania University. The candidates who are eligible for promotion from LL.B., I year to II year and from LL.B., II year to III year shall renew their admission by submitting LL.B., Renewal Application form along with the prescribed Tution fee within the specified time. General Rules Relating to Award of LL.B., Degree.
5. The Principal shall display cumulative attendance at the end of every month in order to enable the student to know their attendance.
6. Instruction in prescribed subjects shall be given by the Law College according to the scheme of instruction and syllabi as prescribed by the Osmania University.
7. The medium of instruction and Examination shall be English.
8. At the end of each Semester, Osmania University conducts Examination.
9. Backlog Papers Examinations shall be conducted only at the end of II, IV and VI Semesters.
10. A candidate shall be deemed to have passed the Semester Examination if he secures not less than 45% of marks in each paper.
11. AWARD OF DIVISION IN LL.B., EXAMINATION: Candidates who pass all the papers of the LL.B., Degree Course shall be awarded Divisions in accordance with the total aggregate of marks secured by them in all the Semester Examinations taken together. 1. Ist Class with Distinction : 70% and above 2. Ist Class less than 70% : 60% and above but 3. IInd Class less than 60%. : 45% and above but 4. Minimum Pass Marks : Minimum pass marks in each paper shall be 45% The students who have not passed the Examinations in the first attempt along with the batch in which they were admitted are not eligible for getting Rank Cerficates/Gold Medals/Prizes.
12. Rules of improvement of Division as prescribed by the Osmania University will be followed.
13. General Rules of Examinations: (a) Application for permission to appear at every semester LL.B., Examination shall be made by the student on the prescribed form, accompanied by three passport size photographs along with the necessary certificates and the prescribed fee before the date fixed for this purpose. (b) When a studentís application form is found in order the Controller of Examinations, will issue Hall Ticket to the Principal of the College who will issue Hall Ticket to the student. It shall have to be produced by the Candidate before he can be admitted to the premises where the Examination is conducted. (c) A student after having been declared successful in all the Semester Examination papers of the course, shall be given a Certificate setting forth the year of Examination, the subjects in which he was examined and the Division secured. (d) No student shall be allowed to pursue more than one Degree Course simultaneously.
14. Award of Prize, Distinctions and Medals will be decided by the Osmania University as per the rules and conditions prescribed.
15. SC/ST/BC/Minority/Physically handicapped Scholarships are awarded by the Social Welfare and Tribal Welfare Departments of Government of Andhra Pradesh. The Certificate of Income as prescribed by the Government of A.P. shall have to be submited from time to time . The Scholarship holders are required to put in not less than 75% of attendance for award of Scholarship.
16. Hostel for Lady students is available in the college campus.
On behalf the Management of the Mahatma Gandhi Law College, Hyderabad, it is my pleasure to extend a warm welcome to you into the portals of Mahatma Gandhi Law College, Hyderabad, to scale new legal heights.
Wish you Best of luck.
Gangula Goverdhan Reddy
Secretary - cum - Correspondent
Mahatma Gandhi Law College